- What is Find MMA Gyms or www.findmmagym.ca?
- Is Find MMA Gyms free?
- Why use Find MMA Gyms?
- Who uses Find MMA Gyms?
- What should I be reviewing on Find MMA Gyms?
- Who can see me and my reviews?
- Is Find MMA Gyms in my hometown?
- What are “Sponsored Results”?
- I’m a business owner and some reviews disappeared from my business’ page. What happened?
- How is the ranking of search results determined?
What is Find MMA Gyms?
Find MMA Gyms (www.findmmagym.ca) is an online MMA gym and training guide that helps people find a mixed martial arts gym or training facility in their local Canadian area. Reviews and information are based on the informed opinions of a vibrant and active community of locals in the know. Find MMA Gyms is the fun and easy way to find, review and talk about what’s great — and not so great — in your MMA gym/training world. This site is purely for MMA gyms in Canada. If you are looking for an MMA gym in the USA, please visit www.findmmagym.com.
Is Find MMA Gyms free?
Yes! Other than certain advertising features on the site, you can use the site for free.
Why use Find MMA Gyms?
Because we represent MMA gyms in Canada. Why not just email friends or ask them in person? Find MMA Gyms stands out from traditional word of mouth:
- By creating an easy and fun way for real locals to share opinions on the places they have visited, trained at or plan to train.
- By fostering a vibrant community of locals who feel connected both on Find MMA Gyms and, gasp, in the real world.
- And, by connecting the well-written and insightful reviews to the actual human beings who wrote them.
Who uses Find MMA Gyms?
Canadian users- There isn’t a person out there who doesn’t need to frequent Find MMA Gyms every now and then, but Find MMA Gyms main users include:
- MMA gym locals who are always in the know about what’s happening in their gym, and enjoy sharing this knowledge.
- Real people who have visited a place or used a service — and want to share their real-life experiences and opinions with friends and other Find MMA Gyms users.
- Visitors from other places or who have just moved to a particular city who want to quickly get an insider’s local perspective.
- Anyone who wants to find current and reliable reviews about something in a given neighborhood, city or area.
What should I be reviewing on Find MMA Gyms?
Find MMA Gyms is meant for just about any sort of local service or destination. Our main categories include mixed martial arts gyms, mma schools, mma training, private trainers, mma coaches, mma teams, mma clubs, mma dojos, mma events. Write a review about your local MMA gym in Canada now!
Who can see me and my reviews?
Visitors to Find MMA Gyms can see your first name and last initial (e.g., Jeremy S.), and can read your reviews.
Is Find MMA Gyms in my hometown?
While Find MMA Gyms was started in Los Angeles, CA – USA, we’re fostering active communities across the world. Currently, you can find us in the United States and Canada. This website (www.findmmagym.ca) is specifically tailored to our Canadian users.
What are “Sponsored Results”?
When you do a search or look at an mma gym you may see Sponsored Results, these are advertisements paid for by local mma gyms or businesses. For more information on opportunities for businesses to enhance their profile on Find MMA Gyms, please visit Advertising Section.
I’m a business owner and some reviews disappeared from my business’ page. What happened?
Reviews may not be featured on your business page for a few different reasons:
- A user may have removed his or her review.
- Find MMA Gyms may have removed the review for violating our Review Guidelines Terms of Service.
- The review may have been suppressed by Find MMA Gyms’s review filter. The filter decides how established a particular reviewer is and whether a review will be shown based on the reviewer’s involvement on Find MMA Gyms. The process is entirely automated to avoid human bias, and it affects both positive and negative reviews. Since users can become more or less established over time, their reviews can disappear and reappear over time as well. Either way, we never actually delete these reviews, and they can still be found on the reviewer’s personal profile page. These filtered reviews are also viewable by clicking on the link at the bottom of your business page.This system proves frustrating for some because it sometimes affects perfectly legitimate reviews. The flip side is that it helps protect against fake reviews from malicious competitors and disgruntled former employees. .
Note: Our support team cannot manually restore reviews that have been filtered. Should you contact us about filtered reviews you will receive the information above.
How is the ranking of search results determined?
Find MMA Gyms search results are based on an algorithm that is designed to provide the best results based on a number of different factors including but not limited to the number or reviews and the star rating of a business and the text of the reviews themselves. We are constantly working on improving our search results so that we can deliver the most relevant local results to our users.
How do I change my basic account information?
To edit your profile or to change your gym information, please feel free to fill out the "Edit Gym Listing" page and provide all the proper information.
What makes for a great review?
Find MMA Gyms reviews are useful, funny and cool because people like you take the time to share thoughtful insights on local mma gyms and services.
The best reviews are personal and experiential, and tend to offer helpful suggestions, perhaps even an insider tip or two. The most useful reviews sometimes make mention of unique qualities that make the mma gym or training special or the type of person who might also like this gym.
You can now write a review update when you have a new experience to share about a gym, but updating with only a re-hash of your original experience isn’t useful, funny, or cool.
What should I review?
Any local mma gym, training, service or place with a physical presence is fair game for being reviewed on Find MMA Gyms. Think: your local dojo, training facility, gym, exercise routine.
What if I had a bad experience? Can I say something negative?
Sure. We want to hear about your good experiences and your bad ones. Be sure to include all the relevant facts and details.
But whether it’s a positive review or a negative one, please keep in mind that your opinions are generally protected but posting false information can have legal ramifications.
Does Find MMA Gyms ever remove reviews?
Rarely. But in some cases a member of the Find MMA Gyms team will remove a review (and will typically email the writer to let them know) if it doesn’t follow these guidelines:
- Conflicts of interest. Your reviews should be unbiased and objective. If there’s any hint of a conflict, please don’t post the review. For example, owners shouldn’t sing the praises of their own businesses or bash their competitors, and users shouldn’t comment on their current or former employers.
- Second-hand experiences and hearsay. For example, you can’t give a deli a bad review because your co-worker complained about his chicken salad. Your reviews must be about your personal experiences, not someone else’s.
- Personal attacks. We can handle strong language, but there’s no need for lewdness, hate speech and other displays of bigotry. Your friends probably know when you’re being funny, but the millions of people who read reviews on Find MMA Gyms may not.
- Relevance. Reviews aren’t the place for rants about a business’s employment practices, political ideologies, or other matters that don’t address the core of the normal customer experience.
- Plagiarism. Use your own words to tell us about your experience with a local business, but don’t lift something from another website.
- Blank reviews. A review without text is like a fish without water. Don’t be shy, use that smart noggin and write!
Additionally, some reviews may be suppressed by ourreview filter which determines what reviews are shown on a business page. This system is designed to protect consumers and businesses alike from fake reviews (i.e., a malicious review from a competitor or a planted review from an ex-employee). These filtered reviews are viewable by clicking on the link at the bottom of each business page.
What does Find MMA Gyms do with my personal information?
If you receive spammy messages from another Find MMA Gyms member, or if you receive a message that is harassing, abusive, or contains a violation of our Terms of Service, please report it here.